AICC: an intense and successful yearErnesto Pisoni, President of the Association of Leather Chemists, takes a look at 2017 with this open letter
the end of the year is a time to reflect on the activities carried out and to start thinking about future initiatives. During 2017, our Association was able to organise training events through highly professional conferences and seminars. This allowed filling an important training gap, which was corroborated by the large number of participants that exceeded expectations. This shows how much we need to train people who know how to face the challenges that the industry has to overcome every day.
Today, the AICC has once again become the Association that the founding fathers originally wanted, more than a century ago, with that spirit of free thinkers aimed at constantly advancing the Italian tanning industry. Between 2013 and 2017, the membership doubled, exceeding 500 members, both collectives and ordinary, with an increase of 25% from 2016 to 2017.
The numbers effectively describe the work performed by the Association:
- the usual three technical conferences, held in the various districts, saw the presence of more than 500 people, including technicians and industry experts, for a total of ten hours of presentations;
- thirteen training seminars were held in the three districts, for 40 hours of training, which was attended by more than 1,100 people;
- the AICC held five seminars in technical tanning institutes, equal to 15 hours of training for one hundred students;
- a three-hour seminar held at the University of Milan, as part of the Master’s Degree Course in “Publishing, Communication Culture and Fashion”, which saw the participation of 25 students;
- thanks also to the support of the Veneto Section, the first IFTS two-year course was launched at the Galileo Galilei Institute, whose teaching plan included a “Highly Professional Master” course.
I would also like to mention the synergies that materialised through agreements signed with the various provincial organisations, which have led to the distribution of CFPs and the increase in the number of members.
Our Association has an open dialogue with all bodies and associations of the sector to initiate integrated programs aimed at achieving those common objectives through a shared path, in order to solve the technical and scientific problems, in defence of a correct industry policy and also to protect the consumer.
In 2018 we will try to consolidate the activities that have produced positive results, trying to improve and integrate them, so that we can continue to grow in the years to come. With an invitation: since we all share a passion for our profession, we are always looking for motivated people who can help us to carry out the various activities in the best possible way.
President of the Italian Association of Leather Chemists